quinta-feira, abril 08, 2010

Ø | Músicas da minha preferência, 002, Peter Gabriel




De Peter Gabriel seria sempre difícil escolher 'uma'. "Don't give up" porque sim e porque tem Kate Bush.
"Don´t give up" - Peter Gabriel


In this proud land we grew up strong | We were wanted all along
I was taught to fight, taught to win | I never thought I could fail
No fight left or so it seems | I am a man whose dreams have all deserted
I've changed my face, I've changed my name | But no one wants you when you lose
Don't give up | 'cos you have friends
Don't give up | You're not beaten yet
Don't give up | I know you can make it good

Though I saw it all around | Never thought I could be affected
Thought that we'd be the last to go | It is so strange the way things turn
Drove the night toward my home | The place that I was born, on the lakeside
As daylight broke, I saw the earth | The trees had burned down to the ground
Don't give up | You still have us
Don't give up | We don't need much of anything
Don't give up | 'cause somewhere there's a place | Where we belong

Rest your head | You worry too much | It's going to be al-right
When times get rough | You can fall back on us
Don't give up | Please don't give up
'Got to walk out of here | I can't take any-more
Going to stand on that bridge | Keep my eyes down below
Whatever may come | And whatever may go
That river's flowing | That river's flowing

Moved on to another town | Tried hard to settle down
For every job, so many men | So many men no-one needs
Don't give up | 'Cause you have friends
Don't give up | You're not the only one
Don't give up | No reason to be ashamed
Don't give up | You still have us
Don't give up now | We're proud of who you are
Don't give up | You know it's never been easy
Don't give up | 'Cause I believe there's the a place | There's a place where we belong

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Nota: só um membro deste blogue pode publicar um comentário.